There are no doubts that a good preparation is crucial during a negotiation, so never even think about negotiating without doing your homework. If you do, the result obviously does not matter for you, so there is clearly no point in even showing up. While self confidence plays a very important role in the process, it is clearly not sufficient. Not preparing yourself upfront can endanger you. In other words, you might overlook your initial goal. Those who think that they are good negotiators also have the tendency to avoid researching their solutions upfront. They often wake up surprised in the middle of the discussion, but in a completely different position, which is far from what they have expected. Continue reading
“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.”
Winston Churchill is mostly known for being one of the most prolific British politicians. He was the prime minister of the United Kingdom during one of the greatest wartimes in the history. He was also a writer, historian and artist. Believe it or not, he is the one and only British prime minister to have earned a Nobel Prize for literature. At the same time, he was the first individual to become a honorary citizen in the United States of America. His resting place – St. Martin’s Church, Bladon – is visited by numerous enthusiasts and history fans on a regular basis.
“Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.”
Ayrton Senna was one of the most dominant and influential drivers of Formula 1. For a lot of fans, his story has gone way beyond the track. In 1992, he impressed everyone when he stopped the car next to an opponent driver who got involved in a car accident. There were no other drivers to stop and leave their cars in order to help the victim. He has also caused a lot of controversies during his career, but he was always appreciated for his dedication. He passed away in a track accident in 1994. It is by far the saddest moment in the history of Formula 1.
“Success represents the 1% of you work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”
Born on November, 17-th, 1906, Soichiro Honda was one of Japan‘s most reputable industrialists and engineers. He established Honda in 1948 as a small wooden bicycle manufacturing centre. Overtime, the company has become one of the most innovative motorcycle and vehicle manufacturers in the world. It has stirred the respective industry with dozens of innovations. The successful entrepreneur has passed away on August, 5-th, 1991. He left behind a company that dominates a lot of segments. Moreover, it is worth noting that up to 75% of all Honda vehicles are still on the roads, which is yet another proof of the high quality standards.
- Blogging can bring in an amazing revenue as long as you have the patience to grow a website and keep it updated on a regular basis with unique content. Most bloggers make money from ads.
- Online services are widely diversified and everyone has a few skills. Whether it comes to social media marketing, logo design, writing, software programming, tutorials, data encoding or accounting, there are plenty of possibilities out there.
- Web developers sell templates, while photographers sell their albums. It makes no difference if you create handmade jewellery, crafted items, clothes or paintings, since potential customers are everywhere.
- Promoting others’ products is often referred to as affiliate marketing. If you are good in marketing, this possibility can provide a huge financial revenue, especially if you promote the respective products to the right audience.
- There are plenty of contests that bring in financial awards, whether they are about writing, drawing or photography. Think about your best talent and take advantage of it.